Sunday, June 23, 2013

It's a....baby!

I have 3 best friends that come from different parts of my life. They are all very important to me in different ways and for different reasons. Lisa is my childhood best friend. Even though we didn't keep in touch for a while because we were in different chapters in our lives we have reconnected and so thankful for that. Cathryn is my best friend/roommate from college. Without her I don't know how long I would have stayed in college because I missed home, but she made me happy while away from home. Renee is my best friend from one of the jobs I had. There were days I dreaded going to work, but knowing that she was working on certain days was helpful because I knew I could rely on her as her boss. Even though they all come from different chapters of my life they are all still my best friends. I can go to them for anything. I can rely on them at anytime.

Tonight's card is a baby card, but this weekend one of my best friends was visiting and we learned a new technique together, which is used on the card.

This was done with the We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy. When looking at the color combinations I wasn't completely sure what I wanted to do.

As I looked at my stamps this saying was perfect and I turned it into a nice gender neutral baby card.

Stamped inside.

Sometimes life gets busy and we tend to forget the most important things in our lives. This weekend was a reminder of how having a distance between friends tends to make keeping in touch or getting together more difficult, but it can be done. It's not always out with the old and in with the new. 

No comments :

Post a Comment