Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rainbow Thanks

I had what seemed to be a neat idea in my head that I wanted to put into a card. As I started working on my card it was starting to come along alright, but it wasn't looking like I had pictured in my head. It's amazing how we can picture things in our head, but when we go to put them down on paper they come out to be different. 

I drew out the flags for the word thanks and cut them out by hand. I knew I wanted to put stripes of some kind down the card that overlapped the flags by just a little bit. I chose to use glitter paper as the stripes because while looking through my stash I didn't like how any of the other papers were matching up.

The inside of the card I kept quite simple again. I used a border stamp, so that a little note could be written on the inside.

It didn't turn out exactly how I thought the card would, but I have to remind myself that it's okay for things to turn out different. It's okay to go through life and perceive things a certain, but then to accept the changes that come too.


No comments :

Post a Comment