Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Christmas in June?

Tonight's card simply started out as a technique that I wanted to try. I don't have a whole lot of different punches to work with, so I resorted to my star punches again. I could have chosen any cut on my Silhouette if I wanted to. Anyway, I saw this technique on Pinterest and I really wanted to try it so here is tonight's card.

First I cut down a piece of paper to the size of 4 1/4" by 5 1/2" since that is the same size as the base card I decided to use. I also punched out my stars in the same color.

Then I took my stars and I inked the edges to add just a little bit of color and so you could see them better on the paper.

I put my stars back on the paper the way I wanted them to be. I even let some of them go over the edge, which I then cut off. I tend to be a very symmetrical person and have a hard time letting things be scattered. I wish I could have left the stars to be scattered, but I once again made it symmetrical. 

Once all the stars were in place I chose a Cuttlebug folder that I wanted and ran it through my Cuttlebug. Giving it the embossed look makes it look like the stars and the background are all one piece of paper.

I had the perfect stamp to go along with the stars. It's a Christmas stamp, but I really liked the saying.

Simple inside of the card.

I hope you enjoyed seeing a new technique. It is a fun one to do and I hope to use it again. It's quite simple as well and fairly quick to put together.

No comments :

Post a Comment