Wednesday, June 19, 2013

The ants go marching one by one. Hurrah! Hurrah!

I started out my card for today by picking out the watermelon border. As I was looking through my different cuts this one screamed summer to me and I think we might finally be getting warmer weather that will stay around. After I had it cut out with using my Silhouette Cameo I didn't know what to do next. This card is one that came together miraculously. 
This is the border that started my whole card. I decided to put it on a red plaid background to symbolize a picnic blanket. I cut the border out with my Silhouette.

I decided on a green card and wanted the border on the bottom. Then my mind jumped to clouds, so I found a cloud border to cut out. I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the clouds for a little extra. I designed the ant on the Silhouette Studio. I could have bought one, but I decided to design it. For the antennas I chose to use pipe cleaners. The thought bubble I purchased and cut out with my Silhouette too.

For the inside I cut out the watermelon banner and cut of one piece of watermelon.

This was a fun card to make. At first I had no idea what I was going to do with my watermelon border, but I was determined to use it on today's card. When my husband looked at the card before I had the ant on it he told me it looked like a thinking of you card. That is when the ant popped into my head and I went from there.

No comments :

Post a Comment