Thursday, June 20, 2013

Quilted Birthday

I got the idea for this card by looking on Pinterest again. I chose to use primary colors as they always go well together and make choosing where to place them quite easy. So here is my version on a "quilt" card.

I cut the different colors into 1.5" squares. I chose to emboss some of them for a little added fun. I placed all my pieces on my background carefully leaving just a little bit of the background color to show through. This helped with alignment. Once I had all my pieces in place I folded the blue paper and cut off the extra. It came out to be a 4 3/4" by 4 3/4" card. 

To make the sentiment pop a little bit more I chose to use 2 different colors than I had used for the blocks. I also left some space after birthday so it could be personalized to whoever will be receiving it. I also used 3D foam squares to lift the sentiment up some off of the card. 

For the inside of the card I added a strip of the colors I used and chose to emboss that.

This was a very simple card to put together and it went together pretty quickly. 

No comments :

Post a Comment