Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A Rainbow

As I continue to make cards I try to remind myself about many different things. When I am in the process of creating my mind has plenty of time to think, whether it is good or bad. One of the things that I continue to think about and have mentioned in a previous entry, is that we need to stop and take in the simple wonders. I have always tried to do that, but in the recent weeks an amazing woman in my life reminded me to do it more. I can't thank her enough for all she has and does to help me. There are so many neat things about nature and being outside. Tonight our little family decided to have a small campfire to make s'mores. As we were waiting for the fire to die down to mostly coals I kept hearing a thumping like sound coming from one of our trees. I knew it had to be a woodpecker, but when I was by the tree it sounded like it was something in the tree. As I took a closer look, sure enough there was a woodpecker in our tree. We also watched a butterfly flying up around the trees. Rainbows are another amazing wonder to take in and that is what I chose to put on today's card.


First I took some blue white core cardstock and embossed it with my cloud embossing folder. Then I took my sanding block to sand the edges of the clouds to make the white come through on the edges. When I was satisfied with the look I got I picked out the rainbow colors in buttons. I decided to take some white embroidery floss and threaded each of the buttons. I used a corner rounder for both the base of the cards and the smaller piece. I stamped the sentiment at the bottom in blue.

Sometimes life gets so hectic that we forget to stop and take in the wonders of the world. We spend so much time rushing around in our lives that the little pleasures disappear. It's time to stop and pay attention to those little things. It's amazing what can be seen, felt, heard, etc when you actually stop and pay attention to the small things in life.

No comments :

Post a Comment